Hey lovebirds and welcome to my post discussing my 13 best locations in the United Kingdom for a wedding. The United Kingdom offers a wide range of stunning venues for your big day, whether you’re looking for a grand castle, a beautiful beach or a rustic barn.
London is a popular choice for weddings, and it’s easy to see why as the city is full of iconic landmarks and beautiful venues, from grand hotels to historic townhouses. Alternatively, there are rolling hills of the Cotswolds or the majestic allure of Edinburgh’s ancient streets to provide the perfect setting for your special day. So, let’s embark on this romantic journey and discover why the UK is a premier destination for couples seeking an unforgettable wedding experience
Why Choose the UK for Your Wedding?
If you’re looking for a unique and unforgettable wedding experience, the United Kingdom is a great choice. With its rich history, stunning landscapes and diverse culture, the UK offers a wide range of options for couples looking to tie the knot. Here are a few reasons why you should consider the UK for your wedding:
The UK is home to some of the most beautiful wedding venues in the world. From historic castles and stately homes to picturesque countryside barns and modern city hotels, there’s a venue to suit every taste and budget. Whether you’re looking for a grand, opulent setting or a more intimate, rustic location, the UK has it all.
Rich History and Culture
The UK is steeped in history and culture, which makes it a fascinating place to get married. From the ancient stone circles of Stonehenge to the grandeur of Buckingham Palace, there are countless historic sites and landmarks that can add a touch of magic to your wedding day. You can also incorporate traditional British customs and rituals into your ceremony such as a horse-drawn carriage or a Scottish bagpiper.
The UK boasts some of the most breath-taking scenery in the world, from the rugged coastline of Cornwall to the rolling hills of the Scottish Highlands. Whether you’re looking for a seaside wedding or a mountain retreat, the UK has a variety of stunning landscapes to choose from. You can even opt for a destination wedding in one of the UK’s beautiful national parks, such as the Lake District or Snowdonia.
Great Food and Drink
The UK is famous for its delicious food and drink, which can add an extra special touch to your wedding day. You can incorporate traditional British dishes into your wedding menu, such as fish and chips or a Sunday roast, or opt for something more modern and gourmet. The UK is also home to some of the world’s finest wines and spirits, which can be a great addition to your wedding reception.
How to Choose the Right UK Wedding Venue
Choosing the right wedding venue is one of the most important decisions you’ll make when planning your big day. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to narrow down your choices. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right UK wedding venue for your special day.
Consider Your Budget
Before you start looking at venues, it’s important to have a clear idea of your budget. Wedding venues can vary widely in price, so knowing what you can afford will help you narrow down your choices. Keep in mind that there may be additional costs beyond the venue rental fee such as catering, decorations and entertainment.
Think About Your Guest List
The size of your guest list will also play a role in choosing the right wedding venue. Some venues may be too small for your desired number of guests, while others may be too large and feel empty. Make sure to consider both the ceremony and reception spaces when thinking about your guest list.
Consider Your Wedding Style
Do you dream of a rustic barn wedding or a grand ballroom affair? The style of your wedding should also be taken into account when choosing a venue. Look for venues that match the aesthetic you’re going for, whether it’s modern and chic or classic and elegant.
Location, Location, Location
Finally, don’t forget to consider the location of your wedding venue. Do you want to get married in the heart of London or in the peaceful countryside? Think about the accessibility of the venue for your guests, as well as any travel and accommodation arrangements that may need to be made.
Average Cost of UK Wedding Venues
According to Bridebook, the average cost of a UK wedding venue is around £6,500. However, this can vary greatly depending on the factors mentioned above. Here are some examples of affordable wedding venues in the UK:
- Knightor Winery in Cornwall offers a rustic vineyard setting for weddings starting at £2,500.
- Hardwick Hall Manor Hotel in Derbyshire offers a recently refurbished function room and accommodation for guests starting at £2,750.
- The Petersham Hotel in Surrey offers a special restriction-compliant package for 15 guests starting at £2,021.
Remember that the cost of your wedding venue is just one aspect of your overall wedding budget. Prioritize what is most important to you and your partner, and don’t be afraid to negotiate with venues to find the best deal.
Best Locations in the United Kingdom for a Wedding
Ok, so as you can probably imagine, a country such as Great Britain is full of exceptional places to hold a wedding in. So below I have tried to give you both some ideas and locations for your big day.
Historic Wedding Venues
If you’re looking for a wedding venue with charm and character, then a historic location might be just what you need. The UK is full of stunning historic venues that will make your special day unforgettable. Here are some of the best historic wedding venues in the UK, divided into three sub-sections: Stately Homes, Castles, and Historic Hotels.
1. Stately Homes
Stately homes are some of the most popular historic wedding venues in the UK. They offer grandeur, elegance and a touch of history. Here are some of the best stately homes to consider for your wedding:
|Blenheim Palace||Oxfordshire||Up to 200 guests|
|Chatsworth House||Derbyshire||Up to 150 guests|
|Harewood House||West Yorkshire||Up to 120 guests|
|Hatfield House||Hertfordshire||Up to 200 guests|
|Waddesdon Manor||Buckinghamshire||Up to 200 guests|
For a truly fairytale wedding, consider getting married in a castle. The UK is home to some of the most beautiful castles in the world with many of them available for weddings. Here are some of the best castle wedding venues in the UK:
|Borthwick Castle||Midlothian||Up to 80 guests|
|Leeds Castle||Kent||Up to 200 guests|
|Warwick Castle||Warwickshire||Up to 180 guests|
|St. Donat’s Castle||Vale of Glamorgan||Up to 200 guests|
|Edinburgh Castle||Edinburgh||Up to 100 guests|
3. Historic Hotels
If you’re looking for a historic wedding venue with a touch of luxury, then a historic hotel might be just what you need. Many of the UK’s historic hotels have been beautifully restored and offer a unique and elegant setting for your wedding. Here are some of the best historic hotel wedding venues in the UK:
|The Grand Hotel & Spa||York||Up to 200 guests|
|The Langham||London||Up to 200 guests|
|The Balmoral||Edinburgh||Up to 200 guests|
|The Savoy||London||Up to 300 guests|
|The Ritz||London||Up to 200 guests|
Outdoor Wedding Venues
From beaches to gardens and national parks, there are plenty of places to choose from to create a memorable outdoor wedding experience in the UK.
4. Beach Locations
If you want to have a beach wedding, the UK has some stunning coastal locations to choose from. Here are a few options:
- Porthcurnick Beach, Cornwall: This secluded beach is perfect for an intimate wedding ceremony. With golden sand and crystal-clear water, it’s a picturesque location for your big day.
- Bamburgh Beach, Northumberland: With a castle in the background and miles of sand dunes, this beach offers a dramatic and romantic setting for your wedding.
- Luskentyre Beach, Isle of Harris: Located in the Outer Hebrides, this beach has white sand and turquoise water that will make you feel like you’re in the Caribbean.
If you prefer a garden wedding, there are many beautiful options in the UK. Here are a few suggestions:
- Kew Gardens, London: With over 300 acres of gardens, Kew Gardens offers a variety of locations for your ceremony and reception. From the Temperate House to the Palm House, there are many stunning options to choose from.
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall: These restored gardens offer a magical and romantic setting for your wedding. With a variety of locations to choose from, including a Victorian-style glasshouse and a secluded jungle garden, you’re sure to find the perfect spot.
- Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire: This UNESCO World Heritage Site has stunning gardens that will make a beautiful backdrop for your wedding. With over 2000 acres of parkland, there are plenty of options for your ceremony and reception.
6. National Parks
If you want to get married in the great outdoors, the UK’s national parks offer some breath-taking locations. Here are a few suggestions:
- Lake District National Park: With its stunning lakes and mountains, the Lake District is a popular destination for outdoor weddings. You can choose from a variety of locations including lakeside venues and mountain lodges.
- Brecon Beacons National Park: This park in Wales offers a variety of locations for your wedding, from mountain peaks to woodland glades. You can even get married in a castle!
- Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park: This park in Scotland offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK. You can get married on the banks of Loch Lomond or in a secluded woodland clearing.
Unique Wedding Venues
Are you looking for a wedding venue that’s a little out of the ordinary? Look no further than these unique wedding venues in the UK. From rustic barns to floating boats, there’s something for every couple’s taste.
Barn weddings have become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason. They offer a charming, rustic atmosphere that’s perfect for a laid-back wedding celebration. Here are a few of the best barn wedding venues in the UK:
|Dodmoor House||Northamptonshire||Up to 96 guests|
|The Tythe Barn||Oxfordshire||Up to 160 guests|
|Cripps Barn||Gloucestershire||Up to 150 guests|
If you’re looking for a truly unique wedding venue, why not consider getting married on a boat? Whether you’re looking for a quaint canal boat or a luxurious yacht, there are plenty of options available. Here are a few of the best boat wedding venues in the UK:
|The Silver Darling||Aberdeen||Up to 120 guests|
|The Yacht London||London||Up to 200 guests|
|The Boat House||Norfolk||Up to 50 guests|
9. Art Galleries
For couples who love art, getting married in an art gallery can be a dream come true. Not only do these venues offer a unique backdrop for your wedding photos, but they also provide a sophisticated atmosphere that’s perfect for a formal wedding celebration. Here are a few of the best art gallery wedding venues in the UK:
|The Hepworth Wakefield||West Yorkshire||Up to 200 guests|
|The Whitworth||Manchester||Up to 200 guests|
|The Royal West of England Academy||Bristol||Up to 150 guests|
City Wedding Venues
If you’re planning a city wedding in the UK, you’re in luck. There are plenty of stunning venues to choose from, each with its own unique charm and character. Here are some of the best city wedding venues in the UK, broken down by city:
With its stunning architecture, rich history, and vibrant culture, London is the perfect backdrop for your special day. Here are some of the best wedding venues in London:
- One Marylebone: This stunning venue is located in the heart of London and offers a range of beautiful spaces for your wedding ceremony and reception.
- The Gherkin: If you’re looking for a truly unique wedding venue, The Gherkin is an excellent choice. With its stunning views of the city and modern design, it’s sure to impress your guests.
- The Savoy: The Savoy is one of London’s most iconic hotels, and it’s also a fantastic wedding venue. With its luxurious decor and excellent service, it’s the perfect place to celebrate your special day.
Edinburgh is a beautiful city with plenty of stunning wedding venues to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a historic castle or a modern hotel, you’re sure to find the perfect venue in Edinburgh. Here are some of the best wedding venues in Edinburgh:
- The Balmoral: This iconic hotel is located in the heart of Edinburgh and offers a range of beautiful spaces for your wedding ceremony and reception.
- Edinburgh Castle: If you’re looking for a truly unique wedding venue, Edinburgh Castle is an excellent choice. With its stunning views of the city and historic charm, it’s sure to impress your guests.
- The Glasshouse: The Glasshouse is a modern hotel located in the heart of Edinburgh. With its beautiful decor and excellent service, it’s the perfect place to celebrate your special day.
Manchester is a vibrant city with plenty of fantastic wedding venues to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a historic building or a modern hotel, you’re sure to find the perfect venue in Manchester. Here are some of the best wedding venues in the city:
- The Midland: This beautiful hotel is located in the heart of Manchester and offers a range of stunning spaces for your wedding ceremony and reception.
- The Monastery: If you’re looking for a truly unique wedding venue, The Monastery is an excellent choice. With its stunning architecture and historic charm, it’s sure to impress your guests.
- Victoria Warehouse: Victoria Warehouse is a modern venue located in the heart of Manchester. With its industrial-chic decor and excellent service, it’s the perfect place to celebrate your special day.
Belfast is a beautiful city with plenty of fantastic wedding venues to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a historic building or a modern hotel, you’re sure to find the perfect venue in Belfast. Here are some of the best wedding venues in Belfast:
- The Merchant Hotel: This stunning hotel is located in the heart of Belfast and offers a range of beautiful spaces for your wedding ceremony and reception.
- Titanic Belfast: If you’re looking for a truly unique wedding venue, Titanic Belfast is an excellent choice. With its stunning views of the city and historic charm, it’s sure to impress your guests.
- The Culloden Estate and Spa: The Culloden Estate and Spa is a luxurious hotel located just outside Belfast. With its beautiful grounds and excellent service, it’s the perfect place to celebrate your special day.
And there they are, my 13 best locations in the United Kingdom for a wedding. Let me know how this article helped you, and as usual, let me know of your experiences here – or of course if there are any awesome wedding venues that I have missed.
Also, please do not hesitate to comment below if you have any questions, concerns, or corrections, or would like me to check anything else out for you.
Until next time.