Hey there my fellow travel enthusiasts and welcome to my post where we will check out my 10 best hotels in Hawaii for families to live it up in this year. If you’re planning a family trip to Hawaii, finding the perfect hotel can be a daunting task.
With so many options to choose from, it’s important to consider factors such as location, amenities and activities that will keep both parents and kids entertained. Fortunately, Hawaii is home to some of the best family-friendly hotels in the world, each offering a unique experience that caters to the needs of families.
Family-Friendly Hawaiian Resorts Map
Here is a map with locations of the best family resorts in Hawaii as per below.
Best Hotels in Hawaii for Families
If you’re planning a family vacation to Hawaii, finding the right hotel can make all the difference. Luckily, there are plenty of family-friendly hotels to choose from. Here are some of the best hotels for families in Hawaii:
1. Hilton Hawaiian Village
If you’re looking for a family-friendly resort in Hawaii, look no further than the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This resort is located on an expansive stretch of beach surrounded by white sands, palm trees and clear waters and it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind with your family.
The Hilton Hawaiian Village offers a wide range of amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible including:
- Multiple swimming pools, including a 5-acre saltwater lagoon
- On-site restaurants and bars
- A fitness center and spa
- A kids’ club and babysitting services
- A shopping village with over 90 shops and restaurants
- A business center and meeting rooms
There are plenty of activities for families to enjoy at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Here are some of the family-friendly activities you can participate in:
- Toa Luau: This is the most popular luau for families.
- CLIMB Works Ziplining: This is the top kid-friendly zipline on Oahu for families.
- Secret Island: The hotel’s private beach area with water toys.
- Fireworks: Every Friday night, the resort puts on a fireworks show that is sure to delight the whole family.
Check out these: 10 Best Beaches in Hawaii for Families
2. Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
If you’re looking for a family-friendly hotel in Hawaii, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa is a great option. Located on the southwestern coast of Oahu, Aulani offers a unique blend of Disney magic and Hawaiian culture.
Aulani has a wide range of amenities that cater to families such as a beautiful beach, multiple pools and a lazy river. There’s also a spa, a fitness center and a golf course for the adults to play on whilst the little ones are in the kids club. The rooms are spacious and well-equipped, with plenty of space for families to spread out.
And in terms of accommodations, the resort also offers access to a comfy Disney Vacation Club Villa. these villas include:
- A full kitchen
- Private bedrooms
- Spacious interiors
Aulani offers a variety of activities for families to enjoy. The resort has a kids’ club, Aunty’s Beach House, where children can participate in supervised activities like hula dancing, lei making and storytelling. There are also character experiences, where kids can meet their favorite Disney characters.
For older kids and adults, Aulani offers a range of outdoor activities like snorkeling, kayaking and paddleboarding as well as cultural activities like ukulele lessons and hula dancing as well.
3. The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
If you are looking for a family-friendly resort in Maui, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa is a great option to consider. Located in the popular Ka’anapali area, this resort offers a variety of amenities and activities that will keep both kids and adults entertained throughout your stay.
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa has an impressive range of amenities that cater to families. Here are some of the highlights:
- Pools: The resort has five outdoor pools including a kids’ pool with a waterslide and a pirate ship.
- Beach: The resort is situated on a beautiful stretch of Ka’anapali Beach which is perfect for swimming, snorkeling and sunbathing.
- Dining: There are several on-site dining options including a buffet restaurant, a poolside bar and grill and a Japanese restaurant.
- Spa: The resort’s Heavenly Spa offers a variety of treatments, including massages, facials and body wraps.
- Fitness Center: The resort has a well-equipped fitness center that is open 24 hours a day.
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa offers a variety of activities that are perfect for families. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Hula Lessons: Learn how to hula dance with the resort’s complimentary hula lessons.
- Beach Activities: The resort offers a variety of beach activities, including snorkeling, boogie boarding and kayaking.
- Kids Club: The Westin Family Kids Club offers a variety of activities for kids ages 5-12 including arts and crafts, games and outdoor activities.
- Luau: The resort’s Wailele Polynesian Luau is a great way to experience traditional Hawaiian culture. Enjoy a buffet dinner, hula dancing and fire knife performances.
- Waterfall Walk: Take a guided tour of the resort’s waterfalls and learn about the local flora and fauna.
Overall, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa is a fantastic choice for families looking for a fun and relaxing vacation in Maui. With its range of amenities and activities, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
4. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
If you’re looking for a luxurious family-friendly resort in Hawaii, the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa is a fantastic option. Situated on the sunny south shore of Kauai, this resort offers plenty of activities and amenities to keep everyone in the family happy.
The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa boasts over 600 rooms including suites and villas, all with private lanais. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed with comfortable beds and plenty of amenities to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The resort has several restaurants and bars, offering a range of dining options from casual to fine dining. You can enjoy fresh seafood at Tidepools, Japanese cuisine at Stevenson’s Sushi & Spirits, or a casual meal at the poolside restaurant, Hale Nalu.
There are also several pools at the resort including a saltwater lagoon, a lazy rive, and an adults-only pool. The resort also has a golf course, tennis courts and a fitness center.
The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa offers a range of activities for families including hula lessons, lei-making classes and a kids’ club. The kids’ club, called Camp Hyatt, is open to children aged 3-12 and offers a range of activities including arts and crafts, games and outdoor activities.
The resort also has a range of water sports available including kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding and snorkeling. You can also take a sunset sail or a whale-watching tour from the resort as well.
5. Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
For families seeking a luxurious and tranquil getaway in Maui, the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea stands out as a top-tier choice. Situated in the upscale Wailea area, this resort beautifully marries elegance with family-friendly features.
The Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea is renowned for its lavish amenities:
- Pools: There are three pools including the Fountain Pool for relaxation, the Waterfall Pool for families and the adults-only Serenity Pool which offers panoramic ocean views.
- Beach: Nestled on Wailea Beach, guests can enjoy the pristine sands, sunbathing and water sports.
- Dining: Multiple dining options are available from the romantic Ferraro’s Bar e Ristorante to the upscale DUO Steak and Seafood and the beachfront Beachwalk Cafe.
- Spa: The spa offers a multitude of treatments, utilizing organic and locally sourced ingredients.
- Fitness Center: A state-of-the-art facility with personal trainers and various classes, from yoga to circuit training.
Despite its luxurious ambiance, the resort offers a large array of activities for families:
- Kids For All Seasons: A complimentary program for kids aged 5 to 12, offering a mix of Hawaiian cultural activities, game, and crafts.
- Water Sports: From snorkeling to stand-up paddleboarding, families can enjoy the clear waters of Wailea Beach.
- Tennis: The resort has three tennis courts and offers clinics for those looking to improve their game.
- Cultural Activities: Learn more about Hawaiian culture through lei-making, ukulele lessons and hula classes.
- Adventure Program: For the thrill-seekers, the resort offers excursions like helicopter tours, whale watching (seasonal) and ziplining.
In summary, the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea provides a sumptuous experience with a balance of relaxation and adventure. Whether your family is seeking tranquility or excitement, this resort offers the best of both worlds.
6. Sheraton Kauai Resort, Kauai
For families looking to explore the beauty of Kauai’s south shore, the Sheraton Kauai Resort in Poipu stands as a beacon of relaxation and island adventures.
Sheraton Kauai Resort is laden with amenities to ensure comfort and leisure:
- Pools: Features an oceanfront pool for breathtaking views while you swim, as well as a garden pool for a more serene setting.
- Beach: Positioned right on Poipu Beach, a spot renowned for its snorkeling opportunities and occasional visits by the endangered Hawaiian monk seals.
- Dining: Multiple dining venues are available from the sophisticated RumFire Poipu Beach to the laid-back Lava’s on Poipu Beach.
- Spa: Offers a selection of treatments that encapsulate the essence of Hawaiian relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Fitness Center: Open 24 hours, ensuring guests can exercise according to their schedule.
Families at the resort are spoiled for choice with activities:
- Torch Lighting Ceremony: An evening event that celebrates Hawaiian traditions with hula and music.
- Cultural Classes: Engage in traditional Hawaiian activities like lei-making, ukulele lessons and hula dancing.
- Water Sports: Given its beachfront location, families can partake in snorkeling, paddleboarding and more.
- Kids’ Programs: Seasonal programs for younger guests to immerse in local culture and crafts.
- Nearby Attractions: Explore nearby sites like Spouting Horn, Allerton Garden and Waimea Canyon.
In conclusion, Sheraton Kauai Resort offers a captivating blend of luxury and cultural enrichment, promising a memorable experience for families amidst the picturesque landscapes of Kauai.
7. Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea, the Fairmont Kea Lani offers families an elegant and culturally rich experience in Maui.
Fairmont Kea Lani is renowned for its superb amenities:
- Pools: Features a lagoon-style pool, a lap pool and two whirlpools. A highlight is the 140-foot waterslide.
- Beach: Positioned on Polo Beach, ideal for sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling.
- Dining: A variety of dining venues, including the island-inspired Ko and the relaxed AMA Bar & Grill.
- Willow Stream Spa: Offers a sanctuary for relaxation with treatments inspired by Maui’s natural elements.
- Fitness Center: State-of-the-art facilities and a range of fitness classes.
There’s never a dull moment for families:
- Keiki Lani Kids Club: A dedicated space for kids 5-12 with activities ranging from Hawaiian crafts to nature adventures.
- Cultural Activities: Engage in traditional Hawaiian activities like ukulele lessons, hula dancing and outrigger canoe excursions.
- Water Sports: The resort provides options for kayaking, snorkeling and paddleboarding.
- Adventure Programs: Excursions like hiking, ziplining and horseback riding are available.
In conclusion, Fairmont Kea Lani offers a luxury haven for families to dive deep into the beauty and culture of Maui.
8. Turtle Bay Resort, Oahu
Situated on Oahu’s North Shore and away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, Turtle Bay Resort offers families a genuine Hawaiian experience away from the hustle of urban life.
Turtle Bay Resort is packed with amenities to make your stay memorable:
- Pools: Offers a main pool with ocean views and a Keiki pool for younger guests.
- Beach: Over five miles of coastline for swimming, snorkeling and surfing.
- Dining: Multiple dining options ranging from the upscale Pa’akai to the beachside Ola Restaurant.
- Nalu Kinetic Spa: A holistic wellness experience with treatments inspired by the ocean.
- Fitness Center: Well-equipped with fitness classes available.
The resort also offers a great range of family-friendly activities including:
- Horseback Riding: Explore the beauty of North Shore on horseback.
- Surf Lessons: Given its location, surf lessons are a must for families.
- Cultural Experiences: Dive into Hawaiian traditions with lei making, ukulele lessons and hula classes.
- Helicopter Tours: Get a bird’s-eye view of Oahu’s beauty.
- Golf: Two 18-hole championship golf courses are available for enthusiasts.
In summary, Turtle Bay Resort offers families an authentic Hawaiian experience, packed with activities and the serene beauty of Oahu’s North Shore.
9. Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Big Island
For families venturing to the Big Island, the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa offers a perfect blend of Hawaiian culture and modern comforts, all set against the backdrop of the stunning Kohala Coast.
The Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa shines with its diverse amenities:
- Pools: Multiple pools allow guests to relax or play, including a children’s pool and the infinity pool overlooking the ocean.
- Beach: Located next to Anaeho’omalu Bay, known for its calm waters, sandy shores and ancient fishponds.
- Dining: Multiple on-site dining options that serve a variety of cuisines from the Hawaii Calls Restaurant & Lounge to the Aka’ula Lanai.
- Mandara Spa: A place of relaxation, offering a variety of treatments inspired by Hawaiian and Asian practices.
- Fitness Center: Open 24/7, ensuring guests can maintain their fitness routines.
The resort ensures families are engaged and entertained with:
- Cultural Activities: Dive into the local traditions with ukulele lessons, lei making and hula lessons.
- Ancient Fishpond Tours: Learn about the historical significance of the nearby fishponds.
- Water Sports: Take advantage of the beachfront location with activities like snorkeling, paddleboarding and sailing.
- Sunset Luau: Experience traditional Polynesian performances and a feast that showcases Hawaiian specialties.
- Golf: The nearby Waikoloa Golf Club offers beautiful courses for enthusiasts.
In summary, the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa captures the essence of Hawaiian hospitality, ensuring families create lasting memories on the Big Island.
10. Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, O’ahu
Nestled in the heart of Waikiki, the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort presents families with an unbeatable combination of beachfront beauty and vibrant city life. I’ve stayed here and loved it!
The Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort stands out with its top-tier offerings:
- Pools: A beachfront pool where families can take a dip while gazing out at the Pacific.
- Beach: Direct access to the iconic Waikiki Beach, known for its golden sands and gentle waves.
- Dining: Several on-site dining venues, including the famous Duke’s Waikiki and Hula Grill Waikiki.
- Spa: The Waikiki Plantation Spa offers rejuvenating treatments inspired by the islands.
- Fitness Center: Guests can stay active with modern equipment and views of Waikiki Beach.
A variety of engaging activities await families:
- Cultural Classes: Immerse in Hawaiian culture with ukulele lessons, lei-making and hula dancing.
- Surfing: Given its Waikiki location, surfing lessons are a must for beginners.
- Voyaging Canoe Rides: Experience Hawaii’s seafaring traditions aboard a traditional Hawaiian outrigger canoe.
- Shopping: The resort is conveniently located near Waikiki’s bustling shopping scene, perfect for family shopping sprees.
- Aquarium & Zoo: A short walk from the resort are the Waikiki Aquarium and Honolulu Zoo, providing educational and fun outings for families.
Overall, the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort offers a quintessential Waikiki experience, seamlessly blending beach relaxation and urban adventures for families.
Why Choose Hawaii for Family Vacation?
Hawaii is a dream destination for many families looking for a tropical paradise. From stunning beaches to lush greenery, Hawaii has it all. Here are some reasons why Hawaii is the perfect place for a family vacation:
Hawaii offers a wide range of activities that are perfect for families from snorkeling and surfing to hiking and zip-lining, there is something for everyone. You can also take your kids to visit the Pearl Harbor National Memorial, the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park or the Maui Ocean Center.
Hawaii is known for its breathtaking scenery. You can enjoy the stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters and lush greenery. You can also take a helicopter tour to see the islands from a different perspective.
Hawaii has a wide range of accommodations that are perfect for families. From luxurious resorts to budget-friendly hotels, there is something for everyone. Some of the best family-friendly hotels in Hawaii include Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa, Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea and Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa.
Hawaii is known for its delicious food. You can enjoy local delicacies such as poke bowls, shaved ice and spam musubi. You can also try traditional Hawaiian dishes such as poi, laulau and kalua pig.
Hawaiians are known for their friendly and welcoming nature. You will feel right at home in Hawaii and the locals will make sure that you have a great time.
Check out these: Best Cruises from Los Angeles to Hawaii
Choosing the Right Hotel
When it comes to choosing the right hotel for your family vacation in Hawaii, there are a few factors to consider. Here are some things to keep in mind when making your decision:
The location of your hotel is an important factor to consider. Do you want to stay on one of the popular islands like Oahu or Maui, or would you prefer a more secluded location on one of the smaller islands like Lanai or Molokai?
Consider what activities you want to do during your stay and choose a hotel that is conveniently located near those activities.
Different hotels offer different amenities, so consider what is important to your family. Do you want a hotel with a pool, a kids’ club, or a spa? Are you looking for a hotel that offers complimentary breakfast or has an on-site restaurant? Make a list of the amenities that are important to you and use that to narrow down your options.
Make sure to consider the size of the room you will need for your family. Some hotels offer suites or connecting rooms that can accommodate larger families. Be sure to check the maximum occupancy for each room type before booking.
Hawaii can be an expensive destination, so consider your budget when choosing a hotel. Keep in mind that some hotels offer packages that include activities or meals, which can help save money in the long run. Be sure to check for any discounts or promotions that may be available.
Finally, be sure to read reviews from other families who have stayed at the hotels you are considering. This can give you a better idea of what to expect and help you make an informed decision.
By considering these factors, you can choose the right hotel for your family’s needs and ensure a memorable vacation in Hawaii.
There you have it, my 10 best Hawaii hotels for families. I hope it has been helpful and as usual, please let me know of your experiences here or if there are any other options that I need to add.
Also, please do not hesitate to comment below if you have any questions, concerns, or corrections or would like me to check anything else out for you.
Until next time.